MDerma Fractional Micro Skin Needling
Skin needling stimulates the production of your collagen to create smoother, healthier skin. It reduces acne scarring, stretch marks, fine lines, pigmentation, enlarged pores, blackheads and scarring.
The MDermaTM uses sterile, sealed individual and disposable needle cartridges for optimal patient safety. Every cartridge has multiple needles, with proprietary technology, penetrating vertically generating small micro skin channels, while stimulating the natural production of collagen. These channels carry up to 80% more topical nutrients, allowing penetration deep to the skin fibroblasts, feeding the cells found in the dermis and the basal layer. This increases the absorption of active ingredients into the skin, stimulating the repair at a cellular level and accelerating the regeneration of the skin’s epidermal cells.
The treatment is similar to laser treatments, but without the severe side effects or the long recovery time. There are some studies that show it is more effective than traditional microdermabrasion and chemical peels. The disposable needles minimise the risk of cross-contamination and the adjustable depth allows treatment that is adaptable to individual needs.
MDermaTM is so advanced, it is appropriate and suitable to use in sensitive and previously inaccessible areas such as the upper and lower eyes, lips and nose.
Minimal recovery time. Minimal discomfort.
The MDermaTM improves and revitalizes damaged skin, using the mechanisms associated with the natural healing processes of the body. This process is called Percutaneous Therapy Induction of Collagen.
When creating small lesions in the skin, the body responds with a physiological process that improves the thickness, color, texture and consistency of the skin. Visible results from the first application can include:
• Tightens, lifts and rejuvenates the skin
• Reduces keloids scars, surgical scars
• Reduces acne scaring
• Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
• Reduces stretch marks
• Decreases pore size
• Aids in the regeneration of skin by inducing capillary exfoliation
• Aids in hair regeneration when combined with platelet rich plasma(PRP)
Each disposable cartridge contains 9, 31 gauge stainless steel micro needles. The MDermaTM allows the practitioner to control the depth of the treatment and the rate of penetration.
How many treatments it is recommended for rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation - 4 to 6 treatments. Acne scars - minimum 6 treatments. Stretch marks - 4 to 8 treatments.
How soon will I see results?
Visible results are obvious after just one treatment but the most significant results are after four to six treatments. Your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months.
Is the treatment painful?
For minimum depths there is minimal pain. Treatments with depths greater than 0.5mm, you may choose to apply topical anesthetic between 15 and 40 minutes before the procedure.
How long is the recovery process?
Flushing of the skin usually last between 12 and 48 hours after treatment although most people are able to return to their daily activities immediately after treatment.
• Inadequate preparation with vitamins A & C – minimum three weeks.
• Active skin infections – acne, fever blisters, impetigo.
• Skin cancers, warts, solar keratosis.
• Rare but severe form of keloid scarring.
• Chemotherapy, high doses of corticosteroids, radiotherapy.
• Uncontrolled diabetes.
• Anti-coagulant therapies may cause excessive bleeding – doctor’s consent.
• Known allergies to topical aneasthetic.
• Retinoic acid (eg. roaccutane) – allow 6 month’s after completion of treatment.
• Botox – allow 10 days.
• Fillers – allow 14 days. Excessive expectations.
*PrePaid 3+ per treatment